Healthy Mini Angel Food Cakes Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1 mini bundt cake Nutritional Information: 119.1 calories, .2 g of fat, 26.1 g of carbohydrates, .2 g of fiber, 4.6 g of protein
Ingredients 6 egg whites (at room temperature) 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional) 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup sugar
Instructions 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your bundt pans or cupcake tray with non fat cooking spray.
2. Sift together the powdered sugar and the flour until it is very fine. It is important it is very smooth without clumps, so I recommend sifting it at least 3 times.
3. In a mixture, beat together the egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Then slowly add in the sugar until the egg whites make stiff peaks. This is what adds the lightness to the angel food cake.
4. Fold the egg whites into the flour, adding it slowly. (about 1/4 cup at a time)
5. Spoon or pour gently into the bundt pans. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the cake is cooked through and springs back when you pushed down on it.
6. Enjoy with your favorite fruit , chocolate sauce , or light whipped cream