- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth (or more to reach desired soup consistency)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground chipotle powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and most with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Spread out diced sweet potato evenly on baking sheet, mist lightly with an olive oil mister, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until potatoes are tender and begin to brown on the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes, milk, zest and broth in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan to re-heat if necessary, and season as desired with salt and pepper. Divide evenly into 6 serving bowls, and sprinkle with a dash of chipotle powder just before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
PER SERVING: 132 calories; 1g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 3.5g protein; 4g fiber